Apple at $262: Five days, three all-time highs

From AAPLInvestors‘ Terry Gregory, keeper of the stats:

The chart below ranks the top thirty all-time high closing price per share of AAPL. Dates in green indicate closing price was an all-time high at that time.

apple high 262.20

My take: Is it time to get nervous yet?

1. Michael Thompson said:

Bear oh Bear where’d you go? Slithered back under that rock?

This Apple Lifetime Long is Loving Life! Apple bears are getting annihilated and the reputations of media bears are permanently ruined.

Once again we closed at or near highs of the day which means that we’re going much higher.

November 11, 2019
    • Paul Brindze said:

Yes. A very nice day, and signs of higher still.

But media bears reputation will only be ruined for 5 minutes, if history repeats. They will be on CNBC any time now saying “overextended “ or some such.

November 11, 2019
    • victor castroll said:

Quit the bear oh bear sh!t. If you want to know where I am, let’s link.

November 12, 2019

My take: Is it time to get nervous yet?

I thought it was last week at $256.50. I was looking for an historic $9.00 decline. Boy was I wrong.

No telling where AAPL will go from here. Gonna piss me off if a sell off commences tomorrow.

November 11, 2019
  3. John Konopka said:

The P/E ratio is now above 22. That’s the highest I’ve ever seen it. Will the new normal be a P/E of 25 or so? That alone takes us to about $300. Add some buy backs push it a little higher.

I thought we’d see $260 or so in January. If the P/E keeps rising we may see $300 by January.

Volume didn’t seem very high, about 18M.

November 11, 2019
    • Michael Thompson said:

@john

When Apple releases its 1st quarter 10Q in late January 2020, we will find out that Apple was repurchasing shares in the 250s and 260s as well.

They know that the shares are still far from overvalued at that level.

Apple will be buying back shares in the 300s and 400s as well.

November 11, 2019

The P/E ratio is now above 22. That’s the highest I’ve ever seen it.

You should have been trading back in 2004. AAPL was trading @ 90+ PE. AAPL’s PE then began contracting until it bottomed on April 13, 2014, at 8.718.

I think 2013 seriously scarred investor sentiment. It didn’t seem to matter that revenue was growing at 20+%/year with industry-leading gross margin percent. From that date forward AAPL PE remained in the 9 to 16 range for 4 more years.

As WS continues to recognize Apple’s revenue from iPhone dominance to recurring Services revenue we’ll see AAPL’s PE expand to 25 (maybe more). I don’t think we will see that until FQ1/2021 earnings when Apple TV+ promo brings to transition to paid subscriptions and 5G iPhones are available. Even then I don’t think we’ll see a PE above 25.

November 11, 2019
  4. victor castroll said:

 won’t see a 3 handle till ’22/23ish

November 11, 2019
      • victor castroll said:

3 handle is $300. Escrow means, pony up cash and let’s bet. Thanks P

November 12, 2019

How’s the knee PED. Are the nurses any prettier since your last trip there?

November 13, 2019
  5. Jerry W Doyle said:

I am surprise reading the surprises of individuals whom I always have viewed with esteem as being more savvy about Apple’s projected performance numbers than I.

I have stated on this blog in the past and I still believe with deep conviction based on Apple’s pipeline of products and services, based on current and ongoing geo-political events, based on global economic conditions and feelings, based on my understanding of DJT (and I do have empathy of the man) that Apple will be at (or knocking on the door) of $300 by end of Q1. Afterwards, I see Apple working its way methodically toward a $400 stock in late 2021. It is going to happen.

November 11, 2019
    • victor castroll said:

Negative ghost rider

Why is it gonna happen jerry? Cause you say it’s gonna happen?

November 12, 2019
    • Michael Thompson said:

@Jerry

It’ll happen because of a thing called mathematics. It’s a tough concept for some, but then many concepts are likely difficult for that group.

Those little things like $60+ billion in annual FCF, the largest buyback in world history that will continue for many years to come,, the smartest management team ever assembled, and products that are loved by an ever increasing amount of people worldwide, is why we’re going MUCH HIGHER in the long-term.

Apple’s shareholders will keep getting richer and it’s sorry exchangeable bears (the last group is broke, just like the new group will be) will continue getting trampled.

Trampling on Apple bear’s faces should be sport.

November 12, 2019