Mostly it's saying "meh."
- Wall Street Journal: Apple’s Watch Outpaced the iPhone in First Year. Despite sizable sales, Apple’s latest product has challenges to overcome
- Yahoo Finance: Apple Watch turns one year old and trounces iPhone sales
- Pymnts: Apple Watch Is Outperforming iPhone 1.0 — So, Why Does It Feel Like A Bust?
- Bloomberg video: Success or Disappointment: One Year of the Apple Watch
- Wareable: Why we're frustrated by what could have been
- CNET: 7 reasons people aren't wearing their Apple Watch
- Macworld: 12 reasons I still wear my Apple Watch every day
- The New Daily: One year on, the Apple Watch is a let-down
- Forbes: Apple Watch One Year On: Too Great Expectations?
- Gizmodo: My God-Awful Year with the Apple Watch
- International Business Times: Despite a $6B Business, The Wearable Is Considered a Flop
- Marketing Land: The Apple Watch is a flop — or is it?
- Fortune: At One Year Old Is Apple's Watch a Flop? Not Exactly.
- 500ish Words: A Flop Unlike Any Other… The amazingly underwhelming Apple Watch
The Macalope went meta:
- Macworld: Over-the-top: Making your Apple Watch diatribe stand out
CNET's "Are you still wearing it?" video captures the arc of the media's narrative: from unsustainable hype to a glass that's less than half full.