Gene Munster: What Apple and Tesla have in common (video)

1. Kirk DeBernardi said:
    It’s about daring to dream — creating the vision — managing its execution — and then ultimately delighting your customers, isn’t it?

50 years ago the computer I am holding in my hand was kept in an air-chilled room bigger than my master bedroom.

I am fairly certain you could find dozens of articles from just Business Insider claiming that Tesla would NEVER be successful and Elon was some kinda crazy for even trying.

The naysayers are almost always wrong. If Elon has overreached, it hasn’t been too long before what he’s said becomes a reality and he gets his genius hat back.

Sadly, the market was a bit myopic post Battery Day. Jobs and Apple usually suffered the same, post announcements.

Geaux Elon. Geaux 

Dreams are a hard sell.

September 26, 2020
    • S Lawton said:
      “On September 12th, 1962 Kennedy said we’d go to the moon, on July 10th, 1969 we walked on the moon.”
      Technology is great but the Apollo 13 astronauts helped save themselves with the aid of a slice ruler. Anyone know how to use them anymore?

September 26, 2020
        I’ve got a trunk full of stuff going back to my high days. Among them is a slide rule, and no I don’t remember how to do more than basic functions, it’s been 55 years for crying out loud.

September 27, 2020
    “…. My take: Elon Musk and Tim Cook couldn’t be more different, but they both want to own the whole stack.”

I question if the two visionaries are that different, other than one is more an extrovert and the other somewhat an introvert.

Where the two visionaries are the same as entrepreneurs and businessmen is that they both want in their respective businesses to create that unified utopia, a magical walled garden where hardware and software and peripheral devices work cohesively together to create this marvelous consumer experience and where the success of one product drives sales of all companion products.

Reality tells me that Cook and Musk never could partner or that Musk never would have sold Tesla to Apple anymore than Jobs ever could have partnered with another CEO or sold Apple.

My humongous regret is Apple is the company most prime in the advancing EV era (California mandating electric vehicles by 2035) to produce an Apple car where hardware, devices, computers, operating systems and application software along with the sale and storage of content works so seamlessly and secured for all.

I cry. I cry buckets of tears. I would buy such an Apple vehicle sight unseen.

September 26, 2020
    If electric is the future, then so too is the future of nuclear generated energy. Nobody, excepting the Chinese are on a proactive track to generate enough electric energy to power the expected shift to electric vehicles, let alone eliminate the use of carbon energy generation.

I implore everyone to watch Thorium 2011 on Amazon Prime. It is absolutely shocking how our present nuclear and coal industries are holding achievable efforts to reduce/eliminate our consumption of global warming energy sources (carbon).

If we don’t change the NRC’s leadership we will be buying carbon free energy technology from China. Here’s the kicker: we developed that technology 50 years ago, then gave it to the Chinese for free.

Amazon Prime: Thorium 2011

September 26, 2020
    • Kirk DeBernardi said:
      @ Gregg Thurman —

Case in point —

Earlier this year I bought a Tesla with free Supercharging.

Next step — Arranged to have solar panels on the roof that should cover 146% of my electrical usage (based on my 2019 consumption).

Also taking advantage of the current Federal income tax rebate of 26% off the entire cost of my solar system. Hopefully this will all be installed by the close of October.

Going forward in my life the big plan is to never pay (or pay virtually nothing) for the electrical energy to run my Tesla and my home.

While the masses can’t easily take advantage of this type of situation today, advancing circumstances today are such that they can in the very near future.

This leaves hardly any need for nuclear unless the power goes out. Down the road, batteries will take care of that particular “last mile”.

September 26, 2020
      • Arthur Cheng said:
        It is hard for those of us who live in apartments and condos to have solar power for our needs. We still need to buy our electricity from utilities.

September 28, 2020
  4. Steven Philips said:
    Thanks for the tip, Gregg.

September 26, 2020