COVID-19: Apple sends 1.9 million masks to New York

From our new favorite governor:

Cue the tweet:

1. Kirk DeBernardi said:
    I’ve said this before…

Apple’s strong past and promising future success is because they deeply understand the humanity connection of their products.

Tim Cook’s leadership ensures that connection ethos is alive without boarders.

Bravo Tim, and Apple. Bravo.

Tim Cook is a strong reason I hope to never sell my shares.

I value his humanity.

April 2, 2020
  2. Greg Boyd said:
    It’s difficult to elect anyone that isn’t a demagogue to political office. Nuanced candidates that think are vulnerable to being labeled “Flip Floppers.”

April 2, 2020
      I’m more inclined to believe “anyone we’d want to have the job is too smart to take it.” 🙁

April 2, 2020
    The WSJ yesterday reported that China produces 85% of the world medical face masks and is exporting them. Tim Cook wisely went to the source that can deliver at scale.

The WSJ article also reported that China produces much of material required to make the masks. No surprises.

April 2, 2020
    “…. My take: Why oh why don’t we have a Tim Cook for president? Or, for that matter, an Andrew Cuomo?

Little doubt that Tim Cook as CEO of Apple is a class act. Tim Cook never will entertain leaving Apple to run for President.

Joe Biden does not have a lock on the nomination in the Democratic Party. The Party’s Delegates are to meet the week of August 17 at the Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee.

Bernie Sanders still holds firmly to his Delegates. Bernie Sanders, though, will be without sufficient Delegates to claim the nomination.

Joe Biden also will be without sufficient Delegates to claim the nomination.

The Party Establishment will bring pressure to line up behind a younger, dynamic New York candidate, Andrew Cuomo. The Establishment will bring on the Super Delegates (who respond to the Party Establishment wishes).

Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders will be unable to get the needed Delegates for the Party’s nomination. Each man for the good of his party and at the potent urging of the Party Establishment’s pick will differ to Andrew M. Cuomo to become the Party’s nominee.

April 2, 2020
      This is a scenario espoused here (Apple 3.0) several weeks ago. We just didn’t have a name to go with the brokered candidate.

April 2, 2020
  5. Steven Philips said:
    I don’t think I’d mind this.

And I’m not equating these two, but remember the last time a New Yorker hit the spotlight ONLY because of pictures during a disaster.

Actually, I think overall I LIKE Jerry’s scenario. I’m just not sure rationality will play out or whether Cuomo (or Biden) would have to sell out to the “progressives”.

April 2, 2020