I’m flying to Cleveland

Molly had a baby and I’m a grandad, on grandad duty for a week.

apple clevelandI’ll plug back into the Apple newsflow when the baby is asleep.

My take: I went to college near Cleveland, and one thing or another keeps pulling me back.

See also:

1. Romeo A Esparrago Jr said:
    Congratz & safe travels on your grand adventure. Thumbs up!

January 31, 2020
  2. Mark Visnic said:
    Congratulations Philip! My son went to John Carroll. Enjoy your grand baby!

January 31, 2020
    Congrats you lucky guy. I’m jealous (my offspring can’t have children).

On a side note (a truth-in-lending statement), I Closed my Options this morning and absorbed a significant loss. That said I will end January with a portfolio balance higher than I started January with. What I lost (because of self-imposed limits on how much I invest in each trade) was the profit from earlier trades.

Had I not been trying to manage multiple accounts (I have PoA on 4 accounts other than my own) I could have saved more. The problem was with AAPL dropping as fast as it did I had to go back into each sell order and modify it as AAPL went down. In 15 years I’ve only seen this happen once before.

The good news is that I have more than enough to start again (once I am confident the worst is over). That may be Monday with a dead cat bounce. It’s tempting to think in those terms, but I don’t think I will try. Too much volatility and fear right now.

January 31, 2020
    • Aaron Belich said:
      @Gregg

Sorry for your loss, but your story and progress are very interesting to observe as someone who doesn’t participate in option trading, mostly due to a lack of education of the process, experience, and a fear of the unknown.

January 31, 2020

I was born right outside of Cleveland in a sleepy little town called Wadsworth.

January 31, 2020
  5. Robert LoCascio said:
    Congratulations PED!!! Enjoy

January 31, 2020
  6. Aaron Belich said:
    Congrats Philip!

Only one week? Your choice or theirs?

January 31, 2020
    Looks like a lot of profit-taking in AAPL today, it’s down substantially more than the NASDAQ. I’m presuming this is unrelated to PED’s diaper changing expedition….

January 31, 2020
    • Aaron Belich said:
      Stock started going up after January 4th 2019 and really started to jump toward the end of January when Apple reported Q12019 1/28/2019, good time to sell that 100%+ gain if one was concerned about short term vs long term capital gains.

January 31, 2020