Crowd’s gather in Mexico City for Apple’s first Latin American flagship (video)

Not bad for a company in its paunchy middle-age (43 years and counting).

My take: If subscriptions weren’t required here, the haters would be piling on.

See, for example: Apple Store employees with a standing ovation for Sydney’s first iPhone 11 owner. “Capitalism at its cringiest,” someone called it.

The internet has given haters a voice they never had before. It doesn’t matter which they are on (most haters don’t have a side) they now have a voice and don’t have to accept responsibility for their hate.

As much as I dislike the thought of government regulation, given the revelations of fraudulent accounts at Facebook, Match.com and many others, I see a time when your identity has to be verified (back to a real person) before you can post anywhere.

September 28, 2019
  2. victor castroll said:
    this store will help SERVICES get to 200 billion in revenue.

September 28, 2019
  3. victor castroll said:
    last i heard, they’re now all caravaning to the san diego store opening.

September 28, 2019
  4. victor castroll said:
    they saw the green in the apple card rainbow and thought this was their ticket in.

September 28, 2019
  5. George Knott said:
    Victor are you being racist?

September 28, 2019
    • victor castroll said:
      yeah. self hating hispanic .

george, are you being sensitive?

they’re called jokes snowflake

September 28, 2019
    Refreshing to see this view of the Mexican people.

That alone pays for this month’s sub.

September 28, 2019
  7. Jerry W Doyle said:
    El Mes de la Herencia Hispana, celebrado del 15 de septiembre al 15 de octubre, es una gran oportunidad para comenzar un año entero de descubrimiento cultural. Un comportamiento social hispano es elegir un producto premium acorde con la gran herencia hispana: ¡un dispositivo Apple para explotar los muchos talentos de la gente hispana!

Deja que los buenos tiempos roll….

September 28, 2019
      I grew up in a predominantly Latin neighborhood 60 years ago. I remember just enough Spanish to get me in trouble, and to understand the gist of what you said.

Now if only my German and Chinese were as good.

September 29, 2019
      • David Drinkwater said:
        I can handle German (and generally understand French, but the latter is 30 years old with no real-life, hard experience). Can’t do anything for Chinese (or Japanese, which would have been useful on my most recent vacation).

October 1, 2019