From “Over 1/4 of Apple: Jony’s departure will hurt Apple” posted Friday on Blind’s Work Talk Blog:
We wanted to ask verified Apple employees what they really think about Ive’s departure and how impactful they think it would be for their company. We also surveyed the tech community on this issue. Key Points:
- Just 51% of Apple employees believe that Ive’s departure will result in no change.
- The other half believe that there will be an impact, and more Apple employees believe that there will be negative impact due to the departure.
- More than 77% of Apple employees are hopeful that Apple will remain as a tech design leader
- Over 90% of those who stated that Apple would have ‘positive impact’ or ‘no change’ stated the company would remain as a tech product design leader.
- For those who stated the departure would have a negative impact, only 32% stated that Apple could remain as a tech product design leader [emphasis Blind]
Cue the chart:
Click to enlarge. Survey data here.
My take: Blind, “the anonymous app for the workplace,” elicited responses from 104 verified Apple employees who got paid for their answers. We can’t tell how many worked in retail, how many in industrial design.