Which MacBook Pro is for pros, the Pro, the Pro or the Pro? Owen Williams is confused.
Nine tough questions extracted (and reformatted) from Williams’ Apple just told the world it has no idea who the Mac is for:
- At the iPhone event in September, Apple told the world that headphone jacks were dead because wireless headphones are superior — so why is there a headphone jack on the Mac?
- Why can’t you plug the Lightning headphones that come in the iPhone box into the new Mac?
- Why doesn’t the iPhone come with the right cable for the new MacBook Pro?
- Why doesn’t Apple make a screen that properly works with its own devices?
- Why did Apple highlight how great the Touch Bar is for Messaging, but didn’t even port most of the new iMessage features to macOS properly?
- Do I have to carry two pairs of headphones now?
- How do I charge my Lightning cable mouse?
- Why remove the HDMI port, a standard that’s still incredibly popular for plugging into TVs?
- Why remove the SD card, a popular slot for… creatives using cameras?
Williams, who publishes a blog on Medium called Charged Tech, says he’s confused. I’m a little confused myself.