Apple in the $140’s: Look who’s underwater now

Everybody! Deeper than ever.

Below: My full list of Apple price targets as accurate and up-to-date* as I can make it. Corrections appreciated.

Click to enlarge. *I rely on TipRanks ($) for the estimates of an analyst who shall remain nameless (long story).

1. Steven Philips said:
    I bet Roddy’s really regretting his exuberance!

May 14, 2022
  2. Robert Paul Leitao said:
    You got it! Rod Hall, raging Apple bull! Who would have thunk it! I hope he’s wearing chaps and the good ol’ country doc down at the corral can mix up some pain killin’ elixirs to go with a few big swigs of whiskey. He’s gotta be feeling it on his back side riding that buckin’ bronco of a price target! The guy’s a daredevil, a real market cowboy! No offense intended to Mr. Hall. At least he’s consistent. This really is a post-pandemic altered state. Even the lowest price target on the Street is nearly 10% above Apple’s Friday closing price.

May 14, 2022
  3. Rodney Avilla said:
    Have you seen the movie Yesterday where everyone forgets Beatles music except for one person? It probably is a poor example, but just recently I realized that “underwater” now means your price target is above present price, instead of below?

May 14, 2022
    • Bob Goldstein said:
      I watched the film and loved it

May 14, 2022
  4. Rodney Avilla said:
    Just listened to Rod Hall on CNBC and he believes that 1. Apple is struggling to grow; 2. The subscriber base is maximized (market is saturated).
    Therefore Apple is overpriced, especially as we come out of the pandemic. Good news for the world will be bad for Apple?

May 14, 2022
    • Mark Visnic said:
      Hall also suggested Apple’s multiple should come back to the S&P 500 market multiple. It should – when it grows at the SPX average rate, it’s FCF falls to the SPX average, its revenue predictability and brand strength retreat to SPX averages, and guidance hits reflect demand, not supply, issues. If Hall can’t get those points right, nothing he says is persuasive.

May 16, 2022