Laura Ingraham: The mouse and the Apple (video)

From "Ingram: Apple joins Disney’s political alliance with the Left" which aired Saturday on Fox News:

Cue the YouTube (the Apple bit starts at the 41 second mark):

My take: Ingram is a cookie full of arsenic. She's all yours. I can't bear to watch her.

See also: ‘Do say gay,’ say Apple lobbyists, quietly

1. Timothy Smith said:
    Her tweets are from an iPhone.

2. John Konopka said:
    The end of the clip is amazing. She’s threatening to use the powers of government to break up these companies and rescind their copyrights because she doesn’t like the content of their speech.

• Fred Stein said:
      Wow. Thanks for mentioning. I had bailed out after hearing one baseless claim after another. Scary.

3. Gary Morton said:
    In most cases, no one wins when companies get involved in contentious political issues. It is a very difficult environment in today’s fractured world where you are damned if you do or damned if you don’t. Some minority or majority of customers, employees, competitors, politicians, shareholders, etc. will complain, boycott, vandalize, or ostracize. Can companies make it universal policy not to get involved, say “No Comment” and escape the wrath? Does not seem possible.

4. Lalit Jagtap said:
    I take blame as a citizen who has to cast a ballot to elect the best among the worst candidates. I think each of us on this blog has a capacity and bandwidth to get involved in local elections. Our democratic spaciest and media are reflection of choices we have made in past.

5. Michael Goldfeder said:
    We can all remember the statement made by the GOAT Michael Jordan way back in the day: “Republicans buy sneakers too.”

April 3, 2022
    I find corporate political activism disconcerting. I rather companies would respond with “we have no comment.”

We have worked diligently over the years to form an Apple retail investors club in my community where we meet monthly to discuss AAPL and all things Apple. A little over a third of our members have stopped coming. The reason is Apple’s political activism. We used to have lively discussions on Apple’s new product lines and Apple stock price performance. Now the discussions too often gravitate to Apple’s public political stance and involvement in social, cultural and political issues. Participants turn to me for answers and demand that I do something as if I have those kinds of connections, which is ludicrous. I would love to return to discussing Apple’s involvement in creating the world’s greatest products.

• John Konopka said:
      When Apple was a tiny company it was easy to dodge social issues. Apple products are now used by roughly 1/7 of the people on the planet. Everything Apple does has social ramifications.

I think Tim Cook has done an admirable job of supporting human rights without being contentious. Currently Apple is targeted by the right because of support for equality and justice for all people. I recall at an in-person shareholder meeting a few years ago where someone complained that an employee was being bullied because they were supporting right wing speech. Tim Cook asked for their name in private and promised to see that the situation was remedied. My point is that Apple is not trying to “pick sides” or be “woke”. No matter what they do they will be vilified by someone.

7. Lalit Jagtap said:
    “This isn’t a political issue. It isn’t a religious issue. This is about how we treat each other as human beings. Opposing discrimination takes courage. With the lives and dignity of so many people at stake, it’s time for all of us to be courageous.”

Above text from Washington Post Op-Ed by Tim Cook in 2015.

Our founding fathers wanted the freedom and equity for all. I am happy that the team Apple is open for all.

8. Alan Trerise said:
    If you would like to put current times in perspective I’d suggest watching “1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything” on Apple TV+.

• Kirk DeBernardi said:
      I second that.

Wonderful entertainment.

9. Christopher McManus said:
    Some folks are going to have to double-up on their therapy after November 8th

• Nicholas Watland said:
      Best comment of the thread…..

10. Greg Lippert said:
    I threw up a little.

I think she’s my new most hated person, oh wait there’s Tuck & Sean – a threeway race to the bottom.

Sheesh! What a cancer. Can I get those 9 minutes of my life back?

11. Lalit Jagtap said:
    Around 2005, our family cut the cable TV cable. As a parent i hope that action has helped my adult and teenager kids to navigate today’s digital world “polluted” by these “corporate media news / opinion pandits”. Looking back I have saved lots of $, and also countless hours by escaping media talking heads. As a new immigrant to the USA, I still remember the Mr Lou Dobbs commentary around year 2000. It turned out later that he really loved globalization and immigrants coming to the USA. Only great memory of TV for our family was accidentally watching few episodes of Seinfeld, and got hooked on to it for rest of the life.

12. Adam Foster said:
    I just got hooked on “Servant of the People” at Netflix – silly but somewhat illuminating…

April 4, 2022