Apple notes from the underground – update

Desperately seeking the latest notes to analysts from Goldman Sachs’ Rod Hall and New Street’s Pierre Ferragu.

The two analysts with the deepest price targets on the Street raised them Thursday. From today’s Apple’s stunning Q1 2022 quarter: What the analysts are saying:

• Rod Hall, Goldman Sachs. Neutral. Target to $161 from $142.
  • Pierre Ferragu, New Street. Upgraded to Neutral from Sell. Target to $165 from $90.

I’d like to understand their change of heart, but requests through the usual channels have come up short. If you have either note, please forward it to ped@ped30.com.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Posted on Twitter:

It seems that ‘light from Apple’ has penetrated deep into their intestines… 🙂

January 28, 2022
  2. Jonny T said:
    Both lying down in a dark room I expect.

January 28, 2022
  3. Duane Bemister said:
    Hiding out with Justin Trudeau?

January 28, 2022
  4. David Lum said:
    Just wondering – anyone know what happened to former AAPL bear analyst Jun Zhang?

January 28, 2022
  5. Rick Povich said:
    “ I’d like to understand their change of heart,…”

Ehhhh, mebbe abject humiliation is a good motivator. I could be wrong…

January 28, 2022
  6. Greg Lippert said:
    They are busy hiding the evidence….

January 28, 2022
    “Too bad, we won’t have an opportunity to buy a dip!”

Well, those who listened to that moron missed how many years of ‘opportunity’??? “replacement dynamics of the last 10 years’ – I’d love to see some -justification- of that particular fumet…..

January 28, 2022
  8. Michael Goldfeder said:
    @ PED: I believe those notes from Goldman Sachs’ Rod Hall and New Street’s Pierre Ferragu can only be obtained using a green bubble. Also, Apple 3.0 is considered their Kryptonite!

January 29, 2022
  9. Bart Yee said:
    It would have been interesting to see Hall and Ferragu’s estimates for Revenue, EPS, iPhones (they both are iPhone counters along with Toni) and the other segments. I suspect they would have been below consensus. I saw a few other pro and blog analysts who suggested Apple would miss revenue estimates. I wonder if any of them placed short bets for after earnings price movement, aside from the earlier January market slide?

January 29, 2022