This week’s Apple trading strategies (12/27-12/31)

A place for Apple traders and investors to share their best ideas.

To get things rolling, here’s one of my favorite CNBC commentators — Downtown Josh Brown — on CNBC Wednesday setting up 2022 by dividing the market in half: Apple/Microsoft versus everything else.

Below: Apple vs. the S&P 500 last week, normalized…

apple trading strategies 12-27-21
Disclosure: Although I am now an Apple shareholder (see Why I bought a share of Apple, my first), I am in no position to give trading advice. Don’t blame me if you drain your IRA doing something you read about here.

See also last week’s trading strategies.

1. David Drinkwater said:
    I think I’ll wait for my Birthday in late January to see what Christmas delivers. I’m pretty optimistic! 🙂

December 26, 2021
  2. Michael Goldfeder said:
    The revenues for the holiday quarter which is the first quarter for Apple, will have anywhere from $8 to $10 billion missing according to the various WS analysts. Will that also include the missing the $6 billion from the last quarter? Or was that &6 billion recovered in the holiday quarter? My hunch is that Apple demand keeps rising, and with Tim Cook being the supply chain savant at his core, these missing billions are showing up and being spread throughout these reporting periods.

What other company can announce a $6 billion revenue shortfall due to supply chain constraints yet still predict a record holiday quarter? Analysts have been so quick to discount Apple’s future revenues and earnings with their favorite term of: “Sales pulled forward”, yet they have no commensurate buzz phrase for these sales not booked in the current reporting period.

I’m waiting for the genius phraseology coming from the grim WS crowd of Pierre, Rod, and Toni. As I see it, sales just means sales at some point. Much like insatiable demand for Apple products keeps increasing and the only logical answer is they build great products and keep delivering what consumers need and want!

Car or no car, the fundamentals for Apple products currently on shelves will keep this stock moving forward.

December 26, 2021
    • Robert Paul Leitao said:
      Michael: There are definite supply constraints on the iPad product line at this time. The annual iPhone demand cycle is really two distinctly different semi-annual periods. Pundits can talk, but it’s Apple’s numbers that really speak. I’m looking forward to Apple’s March quarter guidance to be released in late January. I’m not worried.

December 26, 2021
  3. Kirk DeBernardi said:
    Concerning the “This week’s Apple TRADING strategies” regular postings.

I once emailed PED about it actually being a misnomer on this site as it seems to me that most commentators to this blog definitely sway toward the “buy & hold” mentality.

It’s been my experience since subscribing that very few of us lay down any “weekly trading strategies” at all, with Gregg Thurman’s options playing notions about the only regular-beat entries.

As for me…my “trading” strategy? The Milquetoast Buy & Hold Rinse & Repeat…and if you reinvest your dividends, then Bravo.

December 27, 2021
    • Robert Paul Leitao said:
      Kirk: Not all readers and subscribers are Apple investors or “all in” Apple investors. As an informal student of the markets, I appreciate this content. There are over 11,000 publicly traded enterprises on the major exchanges in US. I’m constantly “testing” my convictions about Apple and having context is beneficial to that process. While this particular topic each week may not garner a lot of comments, absent a broader view of the markets the comment section can devolve into nothing more than an echo chamber for Apple partisans. Informed discourse depends on information from many different sources.

December 27, 2021
      • Kirk DeBernardi said:
        Robert Paul L. —

Point taken. Couldn’t agree more about gathering perspectives and info or pondering others comments, but I’m simply pointing out that a weekly post calling for “Apple TRADING strategies”, of any sort, usually garners little to none.

December 28, 2021