Apple soars to $171.18, its second record close in as many days

Also, its eighth all-time high since Nov. 18th and its eighth biggest one-day dollar gain since the 2014 split.

From AAPLInvestors.net’s Terrence Gregory, keeper of the stats:

apple record 171.18 eagle

apple record 171.18 eagle

My take: Cheers to the longs. Margin calls for the shorts.

1. Robert Paul Leitao said:
    I don’t want to spoil today’s excitement over the all-time closing high, but there’s more of this stuff to come. Personally, I wouldn’t mind if this became a daily routine.

December 7, 2021
  2. Steven Philips said:
    My first thought from your image was “Yes! The eagle has landed!”
    Then I thought “No, I hope it hasn’t!”
    Keep on flying! Whoopee! And all that stuff. 🙂
    I’m with RPL!

December 7, 2021
    “…. I don’t want to spoil today’s excitement over the all-time closing high, but there’s more of this stuff to come.”

Apple’s future never looked brighter. Apple is firing on all cylinders. Apple begins a new day dawning as we enter the next five year period. Hold on tight! As Brother Joseph Bland says, “…. fasten your seat belts!”

The skeptics surrounding Apple’s ability to continue growth in revenue and stock price erode faster than the Louisiana Gulf coast and the banks alongside the Mississippi River. Red apples are being shoved down throats of WS analysts and spewed all over their faces. Down here, brother Alphonse Lafitte Boudreaux has been dancing in the sheets for a little afternoon delight with his betrothed 75 year old LSU debutante from 1969. Apple 3.0 participants all LOVE telling anyone who will listen how great is Apple. The official colors of Mardi Gras in Louisiana are purple, green and gold (Geaux LSU) and some of us are thinking perhaps it should be Apple Red.

Laissez le bon temps rouler! Geaux 

December 7, 2021
  4. Michael Goldfeder said:
    My hunch is Apple has been looking at their stock as extremely under valued below $200 a share for quite some time. Given that this entire year they have been able to buy back shares for bargain prices, long term holders are just now starting to be rewarded for their patience and commitment to the stock.

When the Board approved $100 billion in buybacks this year, that caught me completely off guard as I was expecting around $65 billion at the most. What that told me is they have several products in the pipeline that are much closer to being released than any of these WS folks, outside of Dan Ives and Gene Munster, are expecting.

Kudos and cheers to everyone for their openness and engagement that makes this current run even more satisfying to every long term Apple investor.

Here’s a silent toast to Rod, Tony, and the other Dan; Dan Niles!

December 7, 2021
    “… The knowledge gleaned and provided by everyone on Apple 3.0 puts the WS crowd to shame as the insights and experiences by the subscribers easily exceeds an aggregate of several hundred years of Apple involvement.”

So true, brother Michael. So, true….. thumbs up to “all” your words.

December 7, 2021
  6. Bart Yee said:
    We should revisit our April 1, 2022 price target game. I know my $179 guess is in real play here, and I’d be happy to be underwater before end of December or January.

Here’s a replay of the April 1 guess stats:

“Here’s my Friend of the Blog bets analysis:
    60 participants, total value bets = $11,405
    Median bet: $190, suggesting a 54.5% price rise from April 1, 2020 close.
    Mean bet by value $191.42, a 55.6% rise.”

At present closing high, 17 of 61 FOB are underwater. 26 of 28 Pros are underwater with their then April 1 price targets.

18 of 34 Pro’s current price targets are underwater, accounting for Huberty (Morgan Stanley) and Nispel (KeyBank) recent updates. There are 5 more analysts at risk at $175. Should we expect any price target revisions soon? Supply chain, chip shortage, Covid variants, new products, and inflation commentary will be influencers.

December 7, 2021
      Allowing people to revisit their April 1 estimates would not be fair. (Says the guy who has $200… 🙂 )

December 8, 2021
  7. David Lum said:
    I believe there’s an error in the calculation for the greatest one day percentage gain. $5.86/$171.18 is not 9.91%, but 3.54%. Having said that, I’m not complaining.

December 8, 2021
  8. Richard Weathered said:
    “(Reuters) – Production of Apple Inc’s flagship iPhone 13 smartphones fell 20% short of previous plans in September and October, Nikkei reported on Wednesday, citing sources familiar with the matter.”

Here we go again, rinse and repeat, be interesting to see if this is ship worn enough to blunt the usual reaction

December 8, 2021
    • Adam Foster said:
      I just saw this repeated in Barrons… Incredible!
      Some reporter called Jack Denton