If it’s Thanksgiving, it must be time for an Apple TV+ Christmas movie (video)

From “’Twas The Fight Before Christmas — Official Trailer” which debuts Friday:

For Jeremy Morris, loving Christmas is more than good cheer. It’s a court battle. Watch the twisted but true story of a neighborhood’s war against “Mr. Christmas.” Streaming November 26 on Apple TV.

Cue the YouTube (posted two weeks ago):

My take: I’m already rooting for the neighbors. Give me a rerun of Love Actually anytime.

1. Steven Philips said:
    Happy Thanks(AAPL)giving everyone!
    And of course PED 3.0. 🙂

November 25, 2021
  2. Michael Goldfeder said:
    Green market days are never OT. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on Apple 3.0.

November 25, 2021
  3. David Baraff said:
    I’ll be fascinated to see how this movie turns out. But based on the trailer, I’m definitely rooting with the neighbors at this point…

November 25, 2021
  4. John Konopka said:
    Happy Thanksgiving one and all.

I got my son a MBP 16″ M1 Pro for Christmas. It arrived yesterday, five days ahead of the shipping estimate.

Amazing machine. I can’t get over how thin the display/lid is. In the 90s I saw an artists conception of a computer that looked like that. No one believed it at the time, of course.

Amazing how everything happens in the blink of an eye.

November 25, 2021
    I won’t be watching.

November 25, 2021
  6. Robert Stack said:
    I have many things for which I am grateful; friends and family are of course at the top of the list. Right now it’s the two cakes I have baking in the oven. 🙂 But I’d be remiss if I didn’t also mention that I am grateful for PED and the readership of Apple 3.0, from whom I continually learn so much about Apple from the posts and of course the comments. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

November 25, 2021
  7. Rodney Avilla said:
    Based on the trailer it appears that the show’s intent is to demonize Mr Christmas. I may watch the show just to see if they succeed or not.

November 25, 2021
    10:15 PM Thanksgiving evening and the US, Asian and Australian markets are down big time. At this time of night even the schlock journalists are closed. Can’t find any news out there that may shed light the reasons why.

November 26, 2021
    Well, a half hour later and I’ve found several articles on a new strain of Covid-19. New strains will be with us forever, just like there are new strains of “household flow” every year. By far this is the big news tonight.

Is it really as bad as the media make it out to be? Probably not, but that won’t stop the hacks from trying to make it a bigger deal than it is. I see this latest round of Covid news rapidly disputing over the next 7 days. There’s just so much hyped up news that people can take before their brains turn off, and it’s been 21 months since an endless number articles chock full of numbers, charts and screaming analysts started making a living reporting on it. Interest in Covid news is dropping like a rock. With it will come disinterest by the media, just not soon enough for me.

November 26, 2021
    • Bart Yee said:
      @Gregg I just observed what you’re talking about, as of 2:30am PST US premarket is down on most stocks, 1-6% depending. AAPL down 2%, NVDA down 2.5%, TSLA down 3%, etc. Of course, with a short trading day and most big institutional traders gone for the holidays, volume is likely to be low and volatility higher and erratic.

Could also be plenty of people taking / locking in profits in anticipation of holiday expenditures (hopefully), beginning of year end portfolio rebalancing, window dressing, and maybe building some dry powder in case of black swan events near term.

Certainly any Covid variants could place recoveries, both domestic and international, especially Europe with its current 4th wave, at risk. If there are variants evolving which can evade current vaccines, that would not be terribly surprising.

However, with the current mRNA vaccine technology now vastly deployed with demonstrated efficacy, safety, and efficiency, at least for 6-9 months, I would expect researchers and pharma to be able to characterize these variants quickly and establish suitable virus attack vectors for vaccine modifications. Fast tracked development, testing, and then production of vaccines with additional variant coverage may help keep variants from expanding as rapidly as delta did given hopefully that we’ve learned much from dealing with it during 2021. In a war, there is battle after battle, and keeping our medical and public health sectors supplied, fortified, and replenished is no small task. We should be very thankful for their now 2 year commitment and strength in continuing to care for people and finding ways to prevent or minimize spread, infection, illness, morbidity and mortality. This Covid war unfortunately is far from completely over.

November 26, 2021
    While a decline like this isn’t shown in AAPL’s historic trend, weakness is.

The DEC 3 $167.50 Calls sold earlier this week at 77c will likely drop >65c at the Open. This is a good thing. On the other hand, the DEC 23 $165 Calls I bought on the same day will likely decline about 80c. Thankfully there remains 4 weeks for those to weather this storm. This being a Covid scare I think that will be enough. They may not come out in the next 30 days, but I see variant vaccinations (as a treatment) arriving before this new variant becomes a problem.

November 26, 2021