Apple TV+ fall teaser (video)

This years’ event caption, “California Streaming,” perplexed me a little as the event focused on hardware. Yes, the official preview of coming attractions that previewed Tuesday was integrated nicely, but ….

September 15, 2021
  2. Robert Varipapa said:
    Lots of good stuff. Foundation vs Dune?

September 15, 2021
    • Hugh Lovell said:
      Dune is the movie that will get me back into a theater after about 18 months. It needs the big screen, big sound experience only a theater can provide.

September 15, 2021
      My reaction to both “Foundation” and “Dune” is the same: Don’t f-bomb this up!

September 15, 2021
  3. Kirk DeBernardi said:
    When presenting this Apple TV+ fall preview, Tim Cook quipped, “…and we’re just getting started.”

I guess that puts to bed some recent speculation that Apple TV+ is some rudderless failure and will be picking up its TV marbles soon and start heading home.

Apple is known for a lot of its business virtues and patience happens to be one of them.

September 15, 2021
    • Fred Stein said:
      Agree Kirk, and upvoted.

Once again we see Tim charting his own course to build Apple’s brand of content, with high standards. They will take their time.

September 15, 2021
  4. Joe Murphy said:
    Hugh, did you intend to say you want to see a Dune remake? Or, was that typo and you intended Foundation?

September 15, 2021
    • Hugh Lovell said:
      Well, I’m looking forward to both, being a reader raised on the “masters of science fiction”. If there was a Foundation showing in a theater, I’d be very interested. The visuals look terrific and I’ll watch with AirPods Pro. That said, I’ll also take Dune. I love a good big-screen & sound experience. Remake? Don’t care. I’ve not read the books in decades, so it’ll be a fresh experience.

September 15, 2021
  5. John Konopka said:
    I’m really looking forward to the Foundation premier.

September 15, 2021
  6. Robert Paul Leitao said:
    I consider the Apple One Premier plan at $29.95 per month an incredible value for families. Included in the plan is Apple TV+ (obviously). Even as a stand-alone subscription for $4.99 per month, Apple TV+ delivers awesome content for less than half the cost of several other streaming services. In my view, Apple isn’t “building a streaming service” as much as the company is creating a “content platform” that includes personal fitness, mobile and living room gaming, news distribution, music, Apple TV+ entertainment and iCloud storage that can be shared by all members of the family. Individually and combined, the offerings are compelling and represent a value proposition for consumers. The company’s investment in its Apple One platform adds to the value for consumers of acquiring Apple devices.

September 15, 2021
    • Thomas Larkin said:
      I like to think of it as Apple building a media-content superstore.

September 17, 2021