Apple Earnings Smackdown: Final spreadsheet FQ3 2021

Exclusive: The analysts (pros and indies) have placed their bets in advance of today’s June quarter results. The fun starts at 4:30 p.m. Eastern.

First the summary (click to enlarge):

apple smackdown final q32021

Below: The individual analysts’ estimates—as complete, accurate and up-to-date as I can make them, Wall Street professionals in blue, independents in green. Corrections (and filled-in blanks) appreciated, but the window closes at 12 p.m. Eastern. NOTE: Chart updated at 11:51 a.m.

Tune in after the markets close today for Apple’s official results. I’ll be auditing the 5 p.m. Eastern call, and you can too. Here’s the webcast link. Subscribers are welcome to comment on the action in the Apple 3.0 Slack. (Don’t know about the Apple 3.0 Slack? E-mail ped@ped30.com with Slack in the subject line. Subscribers only, please.)

Come back Thursday morning for my regular post-earnings analysis: Five Easy Charts, Best and Worst Apple Analysts and What the Analysts Are Saying.

Subscribers are also welcome to come back Friday at 1 p.m. Eastern (10 a.m. Pacific) for a Zoom ask-me-anything with Dan (“Fromedome“) Frommer. If you haven’t signed up for Friday’s Zoom, send an email to ped@ped30.com with Frommer in the subject line. Seating is limited.

Not a subscriber? No problem. Click here.

1. Romeo A Esparrago Jr said:
    You go, Independents!

July 27, 2021
  2. Bart Yee said:
    Hi Phil,
    I sent via email earlier today but I’ll post here also. Here’s my numbers:

AAPL Fiscal Q3 2021: in billions
    Total revenue 82.208B
    EPS: $1.243 per share

Revenue by segment:
    iPhone: 39.188B
    iPad: 7.767B
    Mac: 9.061B
    Services: 18.008B
    Wearables/Home/Accessories: 8.184B
    Gross margin on total revenue: 42.61%

Date of estimate (if different from email): 7/27/21

I suggest adding these FOB partial estimates:

Gregg Thurman said:
    I just downgraded my Estimize estimates to 78,440 B and $1.18.
    July 24, 2021

Dan Scropos said:
    From my post last week:
    Rough eps estimate for Tuesday. $1.22 on ~$79 billion in revenue.
    July 23, 2021

John Butt said:
    $1.26 (EPS)
    July 23, 2021

I also have these reported numbers from Brian White, Moness/Hardt via AppleInsider
    iPhones 39,100
    Macs 9,600
    iPads 6,900
    WHA 7,500
    Service 17,200
    Tot Rev 80,300
    ~iphones sold 47,683
    est. ASP 820.00
    EPS 1.16

Also, I have Mohan, BofA with the following numbers taken today off of BofA site, report dated 7/23/21, newer than the one you cite. I’ve sent the report to you.

Mohan / BofA
    iPhones 37,895
    Macs 7,597
    iPads 7,424
    WHA 7,956
    Service 16,200
    Total Revenue 77,072
    EPS 1.05
    Gross margin 41.50%

July 27, 2021
  3. Robert Stack said:
    No estimates from Horace this quarter??

July 27, 2021
  4. Manfred Schwencke said:
    Has Robert Paul Laitao left Apple 3.0 and Braeburn group?

July 27, 2021
    @Manfred Schwencke: I hope that I am not being presumptuous, but my understanding is Robert Paul Laitao left the Braeburn group. I believe it was Robert Paul himself who told us this information. I hope he has not left Apple 3.0. I have not seen him comment for a period. If he left, it would be a significant loss to the group. Additionally, where are the females of this group? I haven’t seen anything from the two Kathies for a long time, and that bothers me. PED, we need more women in this forum. What affirmative action steps are you taking to get more women members involved? I find that women usually bring a different perspective to investment issues.

July 27, 2021