Apple at $148.56: Look who’s underwater now

On the eve of Apple’s June quarter earnings, all but five of the sell-side analysts are high and dry.

Below: My full list of Apple price targets as accurate and up-to-date* as I can make it. Corrections appreciated.

Click to enlarge. *I rely on TipRanks ($) for the estimates of an analyst who shall remain nameless (long story).

The usual suspects are at the bottom. Did we honestly believe it would be different this time around?

July 26, 2021
      After hours high: $153.5544. That was a block (a whole lot) trade.

July 26, 2021
    Is it unusual to have so many above the line going into earnings?

July 26, 2021
    • “Is it unusual to have so many above the line going into earnings?”

Not so unusual. Quick check shows that on April 26, two days before Q2 earnings, all but two (Barclays and Goldman Sachs) were above the water line.

July 26, 2021
    That many analysts above the Friday’s closing price speaks volumes with clarity that this is one stock to own. And yet, my own instincts and understanding of Apple’s current operating performance and pipeline of unique and innovative products and services to flow forth still causes me to impugn the analysts’ target prices as being anemic. Toni Sacconaghi, Rod Hall, Jeff Kvaal and that Pierre Ferragu seem to feel no professional shame representing WS’s clown alley.

July 26, 2021
    • Michael Goldfeder said:
      @ Jerry Doyle: On the bright side, “Toni Sacconaghi, Rod Hall, Jeff Kvaal and Pierre Ferragu” will never suffer any repercussions from the “Bends” and burden limited ER staff, as they will never surface and perpetually remain underwater.

July 26, 2021
  4. I’m befuddled when it comes est. targets by Tim Long at Barclays & Christopher Caso at Raymond James on April 29, 2021. $138 vs. $185.
    Why the stark difference, at the same point in time? These guys are pros & theoretically have access to the best historical data, industry news and forecasts. Is there some special sauce they add or take out with no basis in fact? Hunches never worked well when I was a young investor.

July 26, 2021