Four new, five old.
- (NEW) Monthly Zoom calls with prominent Apple watchers. Guests so far: Loup Ventures’ Gene Munster, Wedbush’s Daniel Ives, Asymco’s Horace Dediu and Creative Strategies’ Ben Bajarin
- (NEW) Comments now up front: The 10 most recent comments are excerpted at right, click “more” for the most recent 30.
- (NEW) A lively subscriber-only Slack for back-channel chatter (subscribers write firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite)
- (NEW) Virtual meet and greets for subscribers
- (OLD) Access to content behind the paywall, including excepts of analysts notes
- (OLD) Original reporting and insights
- (OLD) Posts delivered to your mailbox
- (OLD) A seat at the table for the most civilized Apple conversation on the internet
- (OLD) No ads, no trolls, real names.
Want to subscribe? Click here. Subs start at $20 per month, cheaper by the year.
About PED: That’s me in the photo above with the notepad and the flyaway hairline interviewing iPhone line-sitters, back when that was a thing. I’m not the youngest reporter on the Apple beat; I spent nearly three decades as a writer and editor at the old Time Magazine and another nine years writing a daily blog called Apple 2.0 for Business 2.0, CNNMoney and Fortune.com. A few links…
—Philip Elmer-DeWitt on Wikipedia
—Interview with Horace Dediu on The Critical Path
—Time cover story: Welcome to Cyberspace
—Searching for Marty Rimm
—ReCode’s Peter Kafka: Goodbye Apple 2.0, Hello Apple 3.0
—The Charlie Rose Show: Rio Earth Summit