Apple: What I’m thankful for

A tour of my devices on a rainy Thanksgiving morning.

1. I’m thankful for my MacBook Air, where last week I spent 24 hours and 41 minutes — 7 hours reading and gathering information, 6 hours using productivity and finance apps and 2 hours on social media.
  2. I’m thankful for my iPhone, my constant companion, with 288 apps, 203 audio books, 47 podcasts, 8,245 songs and 55,811 photographs.
  3. I’m thankful for my Apple Watch, which reminds me to sleep, breath, stand up and exercise — and has awarded me, since I started wearing it, 165 seven-workout-week badges.
  4. I’m thankful for my Apple TV, which makes it easy for me and my wife to live a nearly ad-free life in the golden age of scripted television.
  5. I’m thankful for my AirPods, which are in my ears or in my pocket all day long.

Mostly, today, I’m glad my family is healthy and the election is behind us.

1. Martin Beutling said:
    Amen to that, Philip, and a happy thanksgiving from Germany to my fellow investors in the US.

November 26, 2020
  2. Arthur Cheng said:
    In addition to all the products, I am thankful for Apple the company, and AAPL the stock.

Apple the company has been the model of a modern corporation, trying to be a responsible corporate citizen. Obviously there have been missteps now and then, but overall, I think they are doing the best of all the large global corporations.

For those of us AAPL investors, our returns have been way beyond our dreams.

Happy Thanksgiving, and stay safe everyone.

November 26, 2020
      I don’t agree with all of Apple’s positions, but I respect their strong commitment to a set of corporate values.

November 26, 2020
  3. Hugh Lovell said:
    A very happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I’m thankful for the continued good health of my family and friends, and the result of the last US Presidential election.

November 26, 2020
  4. George Ewonus said:
    Happy Thanksgiving from the Canadian North to all my fellow investors in the US! Stay safe and enjoy your wonderful country!

November 26, 2020
      When we lived in Canada (Vancouver region, mid ’90s), we and another couple would try to out-do each other for Thanksgiving. They’d go first, Canadian Thanksgiving, and we’d try to live up to the challenge a month later 🙂 I smuggled a turkey across the border, they were MUCH cheaper in the US!

November 26, 2020
  5. Bart Yee said:
    Thankful for you Philip for your decades of Apple coverage, having this site/blog for Apple investors to share, and for providing great perspective on the World of Apple.

I am so thankful for my family, immediate and virtual friends, and the strength of people all around the world who continue to try to make the world a better place every day. I am also thankful for Apple as an model company, corporate citizen, and innovator of products and services that serve people worldwide.

To all our friends here, please have a safe, warm, and careful Thanksgiving. The same for this Holiday and Christmas season and the coming year. May we all be able to say the same next Thanksgiving.

November 26, 2020
  6. Michael Goldfeder said:
    I’m thankful that Apple brought back Steve Jobs after the Scully coup as there never would have been an iOS without him. I have experienced the seamless connectivity that has been achieved with my various devices and granted me the vision to invest in the world’s best and most progressive company.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone associated with Apple 3.0 and looking forward to closing the chapter on 2020 and moving ahead.

November 26, 2020
  7. Steven Philips said:
    Definitely thankful for Apple, AAPL and Apple 3.0.
    PED: I’m at 180 All Activity Weeks.
    And I just got my special Turkey award for my 4 mile run this morning! 🙂

November 26, 2020
    Life begins at 72. That’s how old I was beginning October 2019. My life, as I knew it then had just cratered.

Then I met Dee. Dee is just remarkable. Through her I have learned to control my emotions better, no more outbursts of intolerance and a much greater appreciation of the smallest things

Today Is my 74th, and I’ve never been happier. So I give thanks to the strangers here on Apple 3.0 that I now think of as friends, and to the circle of friends here in Spokane that I’ve developed with Dee.

God bless you all.

November 26, 2020
    • Bart Yee said:
      Gregg, you might seek out and meet a fellow named Waldo “Skip” Magnuson who is also in Spokane. He flys, rides a vintage bicycle, and remains active in his 80’s.

November 27, 2020