Apple gets a haircut

“Thank you. Thank you very much” 🙂

Actually, probably a buying opportunity.

September 3, 2020
    A pullback yes, but I wasn’t expecting 12%. That hurt. Oh well, my strategy has a loss baked in every 5 weeks.

I remain way ahead of schedule.

September 3, 2020
  3. Rodney Avilla said:
    Elvis, I knew he was still around!!!

September 3, 2020
  4. Rodney Avilla said:
    The greater the profits that can be taken, the greater the profits that will be taken.

September 3, 2020
  5. Paul Brindze said:
    And still going down big time after hours.

I was a short term pessimist.(Long term Optimist) But this much further drop after hours is a surprise even to me.

September 3, 2020
  6. Bart Yee said:
    With a closing high of about $135 (or $540 pre split), it wouldn’t surprise me to see a 15-20% pullback – correction as nervous as this market is. That would put the target low or support floor at $114.75 ($459, Aug. 13) to $108 ($432, Aug. 3). At that point, probably within a few days to a couple of weeks, all the nellies will have bailed, some shorts will be happy, and longs and other algorithms kick in saying that AAPL is oversold. And of course, there’s Apple buying AAPL and getting up to a 20% discount.

All the nellies who bailed will now say, OK, where to put my cash money now that will give me a good return and some confidence to do so? MSFT, NFLX, AMZN, TSLA, GOOGL, ZM, FB, etc.? And of those companies, what initiatives, new products, or new services are they introducing to warrant future investments?

I wonder if money is going to rotate out and rotate right back in within a month or two?

September 3, 2020
    • Paul Brindze said:
      @Bart Yee

Agree about the rotating back. Would be nice to have a crystal ball to know the actual bottom.

The other issue is timing. It could easily be a month or to (I hope less), but then we are up against the uncertainties of the election. That could throw another wrench in the recovery. Of course, we also have the iPhone 12 event as a catalyst.

I think that crystal ball would be the best bet.

September 3, 2020