On Monday, Russia joined the EU (no, not that way!) and half the antitrust committee to complain about the App Store.
From Reuters’ “Russian watchdog says Apple abused mobile app market dominance“:
Russian competition watchdog FAS on Monday said that Apple Inc has abused its dominant position in the mobile apps market through its App Store for iOS devices and will issue an order demanding that the company resolve regulations breaches.
My take: Get in line.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Responds to Growing App Store Controversy in Big Tech Hearing. The Observer 7/29/20
- Microsoft Tells Congress That iOS App Store Is Anticompetitive. Extreme Tech 7/21/20
- EU opens Apple antitrust investigations into App Store and Apple Pay practices. The Verge 7/16/20
- Spotify files complaint against Apple’s ‘unfair’ App Store fees. Cult of Mac 3/13/19
- Supreme Court says Apple will have to face App Store monopoly lawsuit. The Verge 5/13/19