From “Apple honors eight developers with annual Apple Design Awards” posted Monday:
- Darkroom, a shining example of a high-end mobile editing tool.
- Looom, looping hand-drawn stop-motion animation.
- Shapr3D, the app will use the LiDAR Scanner to automatically generate an accurate 2D floor plan and 3D model of a room.
- StaffPad, converts handwritten musical notations into digital sheet music.
- “Sayonara Wild Hearts,” pop album video game that is hopeful, gorgeous.
- “Sky: Children of the Light,” a groundbreaking social quest.
- “Song of Bloom,” a nonlinear tale packed with clever puzzles.
- “Where Cards Fall,” a slice-of-life adventure game in which players build houses of cards to bring formative memories to life.
My take: Some of these seem chosen less for their utility or gameplay than as showcases for Apple-only technology.