What to expect from Apple’s Q1 results and Q2 guidance

EXCLUSIVE: Three versions of the consensus, hot off the analysts’ spreadsheets.

Stock buybacks and easy compares make for estimates of double-digit EPS growth, especially in the March quarter.

apple consensus q1 2020Guide to the numbers:

• Estimize: Crowd-sourced site that invites anonymous estimates.
  • Thomson Reuters: Average used by most public sites (e.g. Yahoo Finance).
  • Apple 3.0: This site’s mix of pros and independents has out-performed Thomson Reuters for at least a dozen quarters in a row. Plus, it names names (see Best and Worst archives).

We’ll find out whose consensus was closest to the mark when Apple offers its fiscal Q1 2020 results and Q2 guidance after the markets close Tuesday, Jan. 28. I’ll be monitoring the earnings call with the analysts and you can too. Click here for instructions.

Sure would like to see how everyone does against management’s Guidance.

January 23, 2020
      Since Management gives a range, which value would you use? Median? Top?

January 23, 2020
        Management gives a range, but Apple’s results are not. From investors/analysts I’d like to see what they expect Apple to report.

January 23, 2020
  2. Aaron Belich said:
    I know I could look this up… but given the kindness of adding Apple’s guidance for Q12020, and noting the actual results for Q12019, seeing Apple’s original (and one off revised) guidance would be nice for these articles. OAITOO?

The Numbers:
    Originally guided for revenue to come in between 89-94 billion, then revised down to 84 billion.

January 23, 2020
  3. T R said:
    Following this… old numbers, from Jan 2020 call.
    Apple is providing the following guidance for its fiscal 2019 second quarter:
    revenue between $55 billion and $59 billion’

I’ll be happy with a guide of $60.5 – $62.5

January 23, 2020
    • Jacob Feenstra said:
      Although I expect higher results than guided for Q1, the guidance for Q2 will be what moves the gauges–what’s the trend.

January 23, 2020
        Guidance represents the future. Investors buy the future, not the past.

January 23, 2020
  4. Michael Thompson said:
    I’m going to be disappointed if we “only” come in with $88 billion in revenue. I think that we need to blowout the numbers and blowout the 2nd quarter revenue projections or we’ll face repercussions.

Although I’m happy to state that that was my prediction last quarter as well and I’m very happy to have been wrong.

January 23, 2020