Trump tweet shows MacPro assembly process

“Today I opened a major Apple Manufacturing plant in Texas.” — Donald Trump

No different than most politicians.

November 21, 2019
  2. David Drinkwater said:

What would be a better observation from Trump (and I suggest this through some amount of discomfort as a Dallasite) is that Texas is very business friendly, and there are ways to create these opportunities with business-friendly policies.

(I am discomforted because Texas’ population – and DFW’s in particular – is growing fast. Our major traffic arteries struggle. My much beloved neighborhood becomes more crowded than I would like. Certain social districts are becoming criminally dangerous and our police can’t keep up. Etc., etc., … My quality of life suffers.)

But with Trump, it’s all about “I made this”. Even if all he made is lies.

Sorry, even though Austin is 200 miles away, it’s too close to home.

PS I find the Twitter comment feed very enjoyable – but I know I am biased,

November 21, 2019
  3. Martin Beutling said:

“Suffice it to say that this is not a manufacturing plant, it’s not new, it’s not Apple’s, and Trump didn’t open it.”

My Take: don’t let the truth ruin a good story….

November 21, 2019
  4. Jerry W Doyle said:

“…. My take: Open the Twitter comment stream at your peril. Suffice it to say that this is not a manufacturing plant, it’s not new, it’s not Apple’s, and Trump didn’t open it.”

Picayunish! Picayunish! Picky, picky, picayunish!

I’m disappointed that folk go out of their way to heist their leg up on the president every chance they can find with their words. Maybe those same folk will embrace brother Bernie or sister Elizabeth as president and shower them with gospel blessings.

The trade issue with China is a bi-partisan Congressional issue. It will not go away if a Democratic president is elected.

And if sister Elizabeth or brother Bernie is elected then your sacred Apple, Inc. will be broken into pieces as separate companies, regulated into strangulation, and those high margins and streams of revenues will be mitigated by a thrombus occluding future vibrancy to flow from a company just getting started in growth. And brother Joseph with his one stock investment will stroke-out watching Apple’s stock price plummet in his absence of portfolio diversification. That’s ok, though, because you already have more wealth with your Apple investment and many have less then you. So you need to embrace the Democratic socialist cause of sharing “your” wealth. Apple will be doing like-wise!

OK! It’s not a manufacturing plant, it’s not new, it’s not Apple’s plant and Trump didn’t open it! Maybe today when you are pulled over at the intersection by a traffic cop and given a ticket for running a red light you will understand “picayunish!” “… But officer, I stopped.” “…. No sir, you didn’t come to a complete stop! I have it on video tape. You came to a rolling slow motion, but never did you stop! Sorry.”

They are “assembling” the new Mac Pro at that plant so it’s an Assembly plant.

It’s “new” in the sense that Tim Cook had planned to off-shore the entire Mac Pro production overseas, but due to the president’s concerns Tim relinquished doing so.

It’s not Apple’s plant, but without the Apple’s 3rd party contract and Apple’s millions in investment, that plant and those jobs would not be in Willie Nelson’s backyard. That is good because Austin has lost its Willie, Waylon and the Highway boys’ ethos long ago when I just loved to hang out there listening to good music, drinking beer and eating barbecue.

No Trump didn’t open it, but Trump kept It open! In the absence of Trump’s intervention that plant and those jobs and the Mac Pro, (as brother Ross Perot warned everyone with the Democrats’ plan for NAFTA) would have continued creating this huge sucking sound of American jobs and technical skills whooshing from the American shores off to far-away land. I believe Tim was eyeing China. I think that was the country.

It is refreshing for once to see a non politician in the Oval Office. Trump is no “professional” politician. He doesn’t always speak politically correct. He is not polished in his high society social skills commensurate with the elites of society, the academicians, the erudites, the media types who believe “they” run the country and the entrenched federal civil servants, SESers and presidential appointees who believe “they” also run government. Trump sees himself in the Oval Office the same as he sees himself running his businesses: “I am the boss and I make the final decision.”

If you believe in Apple and desire to see the company maximize it potential, then there is no better candidate on the horizon to move the ball down the court than the current president. Try not to be picayunish, or you can have served up to you on your platter Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders and then see how you feel about the potential of your Apple investment continuing to grow going forward.

November 21, 2019
    • Grady Campbell said:

Please forgo promotions of our “great leader” on this site. He is by far NOT the best candidate on the horizon for any purpose and for that matter Warren and Sanders are not the only Democratic options (though the worst of the whole lot would be far better than con man self-promoter Trump).

November 21, 2019
    • Turley Muller said:

Laughing my ass off and looking for the bag of popcorn.

November 21, 2019
  5. Turley Muller said:

In all seriousness, Tim Apple getting the win on this one by letting Trump win. He’ll probably still be glowing from his perfect factory visit weeks down the town when Tim calls and needs a favor.

November 21, 2019
  6. Brian Loftus said:

When you look at the jobs report, these jobs count as manufacturing.

I doubt any ol the old Mac pros have been made in the last 12 months so these are clearly new jobs. On the jobs report they are new jobs.

The only question is if Apple would have behaved differently if not for the tariffs. I doubt they ever planned to move assembly overseas but we do not know for sure.

Trump is either 2 for 3 or 3 for 3.

November 22, 2019