Apple’s ‘The Morning Show’: What’s with the critics?

Daniel D’Addario, who covered the #MeToo movement for Variety, gave it 30 (out of 100).

From his review:

Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston can’t salvage this politically muddled, underthought, and underwhelming streaming misfire.

My take: When a show produces a critic-viewer gap as wide as this, it’s usually either “pure cheese” or “sophisticated fromage,” according to the Pretentious-O-Meter.

I liked it. A lot. Can’t wait for the next episode.

1. Adam Foster said:

“ I liked it. A lot. Can’t wait for the next episode.”
    I second that!

November 7, 2019
  2. Tim Smith said:

That spontaneous screaming scene by Reese Witherspoon was not believable. I love Steve Carell, but his lines are p h o n y. Has Jennifer Aniston ever been in a good movie/tv show? (Please don’t say Friends)
    I was unable to suspend disbelief.

November 7, 2019
  3. Scott Warren said:

I like it a lot too! “Pretentious” is a nicer word than I would use for the critics.

November 7, 2019
  4. Richard Weathered said:

Critics, for whatever reason, chose their occupation and need to earn a living. In today’s world it amounts to click-bait and raising controversy helps and as with analysts are all to often wrong. The iPod and iPhone will be a flop as with Apple stores, ApplePay, the reviled “notch” that was then, even though nonfunctional, copied, AirPods were geeky. Each to their own.

November 7, 2019
  5. Dan Scropos said:

The Morning Show probably isn’t for me, but the M Night Shyamalan trailer looks AMAZING. Apple TV Plus is a body of work, not a singular winner or loser. Hopefully, there’s something for everyone.

November 7, 2019
    • Richard Weathered said:

“ Hopefully, there’s something for everyone“. The iPhone and Apple Watch evolved to be just that. The lament over the Watch not having the “killer app” disappeared as users personalized them. During this summer and short sleeves Apple Watches abounded across all age groups.

November 7, 2019