Apple at $227: Look who’s underwater now

Among the Apple analysts I’ve heard from, the bulls still outnumber the bears 55% to 44%.

Below: My full list of Apple price targets, as accurate and up-to-date* as I can make it. Corrections appreciated.

apple analysts underwater 227

Click to enlarge. I rely on *TipRanks ($) for the estimates of an analyst who shall remain nameless (long story).

Since I last posted this spreadsheet (at $213), the three bottom-dwellers—Rod Hall, Pierre Ferragu and Jun Zhang—have reiterated their market-low price targets.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this post misplaced colors and miscalculated the ratio of bulls to bears. Should be OK now. Thanks to friend-of-the-blog Aaron Belich for catching that.

1. Aaron Belich said:
    @PED, Cross, Power, and Acuri are still above the current share price, why are they below? Typo?

October 7, 2019
  2. Kirk DeBernardi said:
    Sure glad I didn’t follow MANY of the analysts over so many years of owning and following AAPL.

One thing has proven true — most analysts just aren’t accurate over any great length of time. Much akin to throwing darts and it’s sometimes a wonder that they get paid for what they do.

I could wake up in the morning and espouse some type of drivel either direction and still be about as accurate.

When it comes to having fingers on the real pulse of AAPL, there are only two that have seemed to pan out accurately over time— Horace Dediu and Neil Cybart.

October 7, 2019
  3. Michael Thompson said:
    From the greatest investor of all-time and third largest Apple shareholder:

“We’ve long felt that the only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune tellers look good. Even now, Charlie and I continue to believe that short-term market forecasts are poison and should be kept locked up in a safe place, away from children and also from grown-ups who behave in the market like children.”

October 7, 2019
    I think everyone should temper their criticisms of two “underwater” price targets, taking into account where AAPL was trading when the price target was issued. Not everybody upgrades their target every month/quarter.

Those two analysts are: (data point is AAPL Close on date of current price target).

Louis Miscioscia, DAIWA, $199.04 (upside 12%)
    Krish Sankar, COWEN, $173.30 (upside 29%)

October 7, 2019
  5. Kirk DeBernardi said:
    @ Michael Thompson —

Great pertinent quote “find” from everybody’s wise uncle.

Simple. Accurate. Easy.

October 7, 2019
    • Michael Thompson said:
      @kirk

Every investor should study every Warren Buffett quote. They all matter.

October 7, 2019