Long lines in Tokyo for the world’s biggest Apple Store (video)

1. Michael Thompson said:

Peak Apple. Haha.

Except we’ll all be dead and Apple will still be growing, like my net worth until death.

There is no better (growth + safety + cheapness) investment in the entire stock market than a long-term investment in Apple. That’s precisely why I’m never leaving.

September 7, 2019
    • Dan Scropos said:

Currently 81% of my portfolio.

September 7, 2019
      • Michael Thompson said:

@Dan I’ve made the vast majority of my money in the market by being very concentrated as well.

That’s actually the way to make real money.

September 7, 2019
  2. Jerry W Doyle said:

One method for knowing clearly that you are investing in a quality company is witnessing the enthusiasm consumers hold for the company. Does one see lines of consumers wild with excitement standing outside a new Microsoft store?

Apple stores, the same as Apple products and all things Apple, have reinvented the role in defining a brand. The iPod and AirPods changed the way we listen to music. The iTunes Store revitalized, if not saved the music industry. The iPhone turned a small device in your pocket or handbag into mobile phones, into music, photography, video, email and Internet browser. The App Store is exponentially blossoming forth a growing content-creation industry that in itself is a Fortune 500 powerhouse. The iPad launched tablet computing, providing a platform for changing forever the way we read (digital) newspapers, magazines, books, and view videos. iCloud usurped computers from their central role in managing content and letting devices sync seamlessly. The Apple Watch is fast changing how we monitor our health, carry out our physical regimens and live our daily lives.

All the above emanated from a genius who had the incisive, the imaginative confidence the instinctive ability, the acute intuition and the cherubic magical charisma to move others to do what most thought the impossible. His spirit, as we see in the long lines outside and inside the Apple Marunouchi Store near the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, is alive and well. That is a sign for knowing that your Apple investment is a “secure” investment that continues still under the auspices of a talented management, operations and administration by a hugely, humongous team of dynamic Apple employees. I am proud to be an Apple investor. I will thrillingly visit this store on my next trip to Tokyo to live that unique, that innovative and ever continuing experimental experience vicariously with its founder.

September 7, 2019

Even more impressive considering that brick and mortar retail is declining overall. And financial media warns about Global economic softness.

And AAPL is still under-priced.

Note this ebullient crowd remains peaceful and orderly.

September 7, 2019
    • Michael Thompson said:

The main role of the financial “media” is to lead the investment community in the wrong direction. There will be NO recession unless you believe that a 3.7% unemployment rate is indicative of an impending recession.

Once I saw investment sentiment totaling over 75% bearish or neutral combined, I knew that we would be hitting new all-time record highs in the major indexes by October, and we will.

I still believe that Apple will breakout and hit record highs before the year is over.

2020 will see us approaching a 300+ share price.

September 7, 2019
  4. Richard Weathered said:

Like the iPod, iMac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and iPod, soon to be joined by Home pod, and the Apple Card feature to ApplePay were all projected by the financial media as doomed to failure. Oh yeah, so were Apple Stores during the days of Gateway. Just saying.

Glad I bought the stock in 2006 continued to add to it and as yet haven’t sold a share.

September 7, 2019
  5. Kirk DeBernardi said:

My take —

Apple understands the heartbeat of being human.

September 7, 2019