Who’s the smartest speaker of them all?

In my personal IQ test, Google Assistant passed. Siri and Alexa flunked.

From Gene Munster’s Annual Digital Assistant IQ Test:

We recently asked the leading digital assistants, Google Assistant, Siri, and Alexa, 800 questions each. Google Assistant was able to correctly answer 93%of them vs. Siri at 83% and Alexa at 80%. Each platform saw improvements across the board vs. one year ago. In July of 2018, Google Assistant correctly answered 86% vs. Siri at 79% and Alexa at 61%.

My take: Munster asked 800 questions. I asked just one: “Who is Philip Elmer-DeWitt?”

Results:

• Siri (on HomePod): I can’t get that info for you here.
  • Alexa: Hmm. I’m not sure.
  • Google: According to Wikipedia, Philip Elmer-DeWitt is an American writer and editor.

My question: Is PED any relation to the DeWitts of 17th century Holland fame.

August 15, 2019
    • Dan Scropos said:
      You made me do it, too. She got it right.

August 15, 2019
    • Were you using your HomePod? That was the point of my test. I live with all three smart speakers. In my family, Siri’s cluelessness is a running joke.

August 16, 2019
  2. John Konopka said:
    Siri on iMac:

August 16, 2019
    Siri doesn’t like Philip.

August 16, 2019
  4. Adam Foster said:
    Works fine on my HomePod!
    “Philip Elmer-DeWitt is an American writer and editor. He was Time’s first computer writer—producing much of the magazine’s early coverage of personal computers and the Internet—and for 12 years its science editor. He is currently writing a daily blog about Apple Inc. called Apple 3.0.”

August 16, 2019
    Mebbe Siri doesn’t understand how PED actually pronounces his name…

August 16, 2019