Apple above $211: Look who’s underwater now

Keeping ahead of Apple’s rising stock price, at least 15 analysts raised their price targets this week. Look who didn’t.

Several big names advised their clients to avoid the stock during the latest run-up, including Goldman Sachs’ Rod Hall and Bernstein’s Toni Sacconaghi.

Below: My full list of Apple price targets, as accurate and up-to-date* as I can make it. Corrections appreciated.

apple targets underwater 2011Click to enlarge. I rely on *TipRanks ($) for the estimates of an analyst who shall remain nameless (long story).

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this item used an old, unsorted spreadsheet.

See also:

1. Dan Scropos said:
    Huberty always seems to have a true pulse on what’s going on at Apple. I respect her targets and reports.

My hope for this time next year is that the $113 billion repurchase balance is $0. When you factor in the 5G cycle, the imminent (further) growth of Apple Watch and health monitoring, AirPods selling 80-100 million units per year, and Services seeing the growth of the recently planted seeds (News, Arcade, Original Content, etc), this stock is vastly undervalued. 400 million plus retired shares in 12 months sure sounds good!

May 4, 2019
    • Fred Stein said:
      Yes Dan, I like Katy too. She shows her homework, as in Discounted Cash Flow models. For extra credit she produces a worst case / best case view. She changes her target when her data changes.

Agree on your other points, too

May 4, 2019
      • Dan Scropos said:
        Yes, and as T R mentioned, I truly enjoy her bear, base and bull models. Some call it hedging so she can’t be wrong, but I consider them well thought possibilities. As an investor, I like seeing all potential scenarios.

May 4, 2019
  2. T R said:

May 24th (ish) 2018: As far as Apple shares are concerned, Huberty lays out three scenarios. In a bull case scenario, Huberty believes Apple shares can hit $300. In a bear case scenario, Huberty anticipates shares could dip down to $134. In a base case scenario, Huberty sees Apple’s stock price hitting $214.

May 4, 2019
    • “Does anyone have Katy Huberty’s bull, base, bear scenario – more recent than last May?”

I do. From her May 1, 2019 note:
      Bull: $326
      Base: $240
      Bear: $156

May 4, 2019
  3. T R said:
    PED, Does Shebly’s $240. 5/01/19 price need to be moved into the green, updated?

May 4, 2019
  4. Dan Scropos said:
    We can’t post pictures, as far as I know, but my iPhone XS Max just showed 5Ge connectivity. Weird.

May 4, 2019
  5. Michael Thompson said:
    When do the regular cast of losers on the Loser’s List lose any of their remaining (do they have any actually left?) credibility?

When Apple’s #1 Fake Disinformation “Analyst” Sacconaghi downgrades Apple on his boss’s whim at some future juncture, there shouldn’t be any market reaction. After all, Toni has been grossly, sadly and pathetically wrong. He raised to 190 after Apple moved from 142 to 212.

Who is going to hold any of the sorry crew in blue to account for their laughable wrongness? Can the dim witted club/corrupt deceiver’s club continue to be so wrong forever and the sheep continue to make investment decisions based on the nonsense?

May 4, 2019