Apple 3.0 is a politics-free zone

1. T R said:
    Thanks. It’s been a nice gentlemanly and ladylike forum to escape to. It”s been nice to read the lively discussions about AAPL and Apple performance.

I value all posters – you’re a talented bunch – and don’t want to see anyone holding back or leaving. (Yes, I appreciate the data rich comments from Greg T, and the back ‘n forth with all others that have better understanding of AAPL than I do!)

October 8, 2018
    I think this is a good decision, but I’m sure we’ll occasionally stray into topics where you can’t escape a political component (e.g. tariffs).

October 8, 2018
  3. Kathy Corby said:
    Another forum in which I participate occasionally strays into politics but the understanding is that each contribution is offered only in the spirit of whether it will help the participants to make money, not whether it favors dems or republicans (or anarchists, etc…) Thus it has been possible to discuss tariffs, tax reform, privacy, whether Tim Cook gave money to Paul Ryan or ate dinner at the white house, etc — without rancor.

October 8, 2018
      Which forum would that be?

October 8, 2018
    Today PED and I communicated back and forth about me leaving. Without being asked to do so PED started this thread and sent a link to it to me, then asked if I would rejoin.

My response was absolutely yes, as there isn’t a smarter group of AAPL investors (that I’m aware of) on the ‘net.

I apologize for the abruptness of my leaving. I wasn’t upset with any one investor “here”. I was afraid Apple 3.0 discussions were headed theway that the outside world’s discussions were going. I should be more tolerant, but with politics and religion (2 taboos) I’m not.

October 8, 2018
    Truth in lending statement.

The OCT 26 $230/$235 Call Spreads I had purchased we’re Closed a couple weeks ago for a $25K loss. That purchase was made before I noted that the Historic Trend was 3 days out of sync with AAPLs prints.

After making a 3 day adjustment AAPL was tracking the Trend almost perfectly, albeit with a much larger Standard Deviation than last quarter.

With renewed confidence in AAPLs Trend I purchased 245 OCT 5 $220/$222.50 Call Spreads. I made enough profit on those to more than offset my losses from the 2 prior trades.

The Trend is indicating that AAPL will continue its current slide to about $217, ending next Monday. I must say I almost pulled the trigger this morning when AAPL bottomed at $220, but my overall success for the past 20 months has been derived from following the trend. So right or wrong that is what I’m going to do now.

It’s nice to be back.

Ps., I’m still looking for a way that I can post my charts here. Ideas anyone?

October 8, 2018
    • John Butt said:
      Post your charts on datawrapper and then the full page version link here.

October 9, 2018
  6. David Drinkwater said:
    I think that, if the lede is politics, religion, etc., it has the potential to look like a troll (click bait), which would be unfortunate, but I also think that you have the right to do what you want, PED, even if that includes occasional venting, ranting, or reminiscing on quality journalism.

I also think that what we all want is a sensible discussion of the merits of Apple and AAPL.

Let’s keep it positive and civil.

(I’ll admit to sometimes not confronting what I believe to be overly Pollyannaish views.)

October 8, 2018
  7. Robert Martin said:
    Speaking of other boards, AAPL Finance Board on ProBoards has been trying to find LoveMyIpad , it’s moderator, for quite a while. Lovey, If you’re out there please get in touch.

October 9, 2018