Ten who hiked their Apple price targets

Below: A bar chart of the adjustments by analysts that I’ve seen. Additions and corrections appreciated.

Not seeing the Before and After bars? Click here.

My take: A few points here and there after summer vacation is a tweak. A move of $40 (Davuluri, Hall, Arcuri and Martin) is a misunderstanding of a different order.

1. Adam Foster said:

Off Topic:

Hey Phil, just tried many times to buy new watch and iPhone… I can’t get past the Terms and conditions checkbox to pay!!! I have been on the phone with Apple for an hour and the same thing is happening to her! She can’t even place my order!
    Just thought you ‘d like to know – is any body else experiencing this problem???

September 14, 2018
  2. Phil Service said:

Successfully ordered a GPS-only, silver aluminum, 40mm watch at about 5:30 am PDT, using my computer. Estimated delivery date: Oct 12 – 19. Hope it actually comes sooner.

September 14, 2018
  3. Adam Foster said:

Update: She was finally able to place my order by double clicking the red error message checkbox (with the red exclamation mark)
    She will be alerting her team.

September 14, 2018
  4. Got up at midnight in Cupertino to order Edition 4 Watch and iPhone Xs. Took 15 minutes on iPhone with the Apple Store app.

September 14, 2018

I now have 11 targets I believe are Januarys. The consensus among this group has increased to $252 with a standard deviation range of $242 to $261.

Perma Bear (4) consensus is $197, Underwater (19) consensus is $196.

After the weekend there may be a few more target revisions. Four targets are or are nearing one year old. Another five will be one year old come the first week of November. I expect all of these to be revised subsequent to Apple’s October earnings report/Guidance. If they aren’t revised by then I will drop them from my chart.

September 14, 2018

I’m part of a Verizon family plan (not the primary). It took some doing but my order with Apple’s Upgrade Program ($60.33/month) has been accepted. Delivery in about 2 weeks.

Got the iPhone XS Max 256MB

Did the math. If Citizen’s is charging any interest it is being paid by Apple. The payments (including initial) total the cash price of the iPhone.

Affordability arguments are red herrings. The number of shoppers that can afford $60/month is much, much greater than those having nearly USD1600 laying around.

September 14, 2018
  7. Adam Foster said:

Last Update:
    I again was NOT able to order a watch + iPhone for GF using Safari as my browser.
    I tried Firefox as the browser and it worked fine – GF watch and phone are ordered!
    The difference is Firefox showed two individual check boxes whereas Safari only showed one check box at check out… weird, huh?
    I hope this gets escalated up to the right team members… Having spent all day trying to spend $5000 at Apple it was ridiculous and totally inexcusable.

September 15, 2018
    • Ken Cheng said:

Any adblockers or ghostery?

September 15, 2018