The scourge of Apple’s plumbers team has a new outlet and a new graphical look.
From 9to5Mac’s summary of a Kuo note published Wednesday by TF International Securities:
- Per previous reports, three new iPhones includes an updated 5.8″ OLED model and a new 6.5″ OLED model, plus a new 6.1″ LCD model
- Updated iPad Pro models with Face ID and no Home button with an updated 12.9″ version and a seemingly new 11″ version
- Several Mac updates including chip upgrades for the MacBook, MacBook Pro, an iMac with “significant display-performance upgrades”, and finally the Mac mini
- A new low-price notebook that Kuo now believes may not be called MacBook Air
- Apple Watch updates with larger displays as previously reported, Kuo now specifies 1.57″ and 1.78″ screens with enhanced heart rate detection
- Mass production for both AirPower and updated AirPods
My take: I have no inside information to add or subtract. I do wish we knew why Kuo left KGI for TF International. It probably wasn’t for the art direction.
UPDATE: Timing was never Kuo’s strong point. The aforementioned MacBook Pro landed not this fall, but this morning. Here’s the press release. The external GPU unit also released today managed to fly under Kuo’s radar.
See also: How reliable is Ming-Chi Kuo?