Web publishers reporting “significant traffic spikes.”
From Business Insider‘s Mike Shields:
After a shaky start which led many in the media world to doubt whether Apple was serious about the product (the Wall Street Journal reported in 2016 that neither publishers nor Apple execs were sure how big their Apple News audiences were), a slew of top web publishers are enjoying significant traffic spikes from the news aggregation app.
- Vice’s traffic via Apple News more than doubled in the last year, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Meredith has seen 122% yearly growth in unique visitors reaching its properties via Apple News, and a 327% overall growth in pages consumed.
- Vox has enjoyed sizable traffic from Apple News as well, The Information reported.
- One source said that 17% of the Apple News audience visits every day.
- Some individual stories have generated half of their traffic from Apple News.
My take: Curated, huge built-in audience, no fake news. What’s not to love? I wish we could get it to work with Apple 3.0.