Another striking, scary Apple television ad (video)

1. Ralph McDarmont said:
    Apple’s has a long history of producing great ads. They focused on delivering a message of incredible inspiration and human tenderness. They made me cry at my desk. But the last two ads shared by PED make me think a real idiot is in charge now. If I need a dose of chaos I can rent a movie or read the news. I want to see ads that demonstrate Apple’s tech leadership and the ways Apple devices bring people together.. Remember the Christmas ad where a teen seems detached from his family gathering but actually creates a video collage with his iPhone? Look it up and watch again. A very moving and effective ad. Let’s get back to that stuff, not chaos.

March 16, 2018
  2. John Butt said:
    I find this incredibly hilarious and a great ad. From and advertisers perspective (rather than an ad agency one) I actually think it addresses the product (facial recognition) extremely well, while being funny and irreverent.

I guess like anything, culture, location and personal perception matters.

Maybe I am a NZer so it appeals to our view LOL

March 16, 2018
  3. John Konopka said:
    I’m with Ralph. I haven’t seen a great Apple ad in a long time. Photos Everyday was the last one I was moved by.

March 16, 2018
    • Jonathan Mackenzie said:
      I thought “Earth — Shot on an iPhone” w/Carl Sagan was good. It’s among the best of the ones done recently, I think.

March 17, 2018
  4. Richard Wanderman said:
    The last scene was brilliant (the lock around his neck). It went on a bit too long for me, I’d like to see the shortened version.

March 16, 2018
    My preference would be the original “1984” ad, or Coca Cola’s “Mean Joe Green” commercial. But I’m over 70 and I, like the rest of my generation have already decided on our handset of choice, and probably not likely to upgrade as we had in the past. These recent ads are targeting millennials and younger and I’m OK with that.

March 17, 2018
  6. Jonathan Mackenzie said:
    I think my opinion of the ad is always heavily influenced by my opinion of the music. And lately I haven’t enjoyed the music as much as in the past.

March 17, 2018
  7. Adam Foster said:
    I think this and the HomePod ad are fantastic… a big fan and I am 64!

March 17, 2018