You need a program to follow the players:
- Simona Jankowski, who covered Apple for Goldman Sachs, left in August to run investor relations at Nvidia, manufacturer of the GeoForce GPUs.
- Rod Hall has left JP Morgan, and is headed for Goldman Sachs to take over Jankowski’s beat. No word on who will replace Hall.
- Kulbinder Garcha left Credit Suisse in August to become tech sector head at the Qatar Investment Authority. Credit Suisse has not replaced him.
- Daniel Ives, formerly of FDR Research, has started covering AAPL this week for GBH Insights.
- Colin Gillis, the haiku master of BGC Financial, has joined Chatham Road Partners (CR Partners) as director of research.
Anybody I’m missing?
My take: There’s always some turnover on the Apple beat, but this is the fastest game of musical chairs I’ve ever seen.
UPDATE: Meanwhile, e-mails are bouncing from:
- Aaron Rakers, Stifel Nicholas
- Maynard Um, Wells Fargo
- Avi Silver, CLSA
- Alexandre Peterc, Exane PNB Paribas