The chart below comes from TipRanks ($), which divides trades by Apple insiders into two categories:
- Uninformative, like the restricted stock units Tim Cook was awarded last week as part of a pre-existing compensation plan
- Informative, trades timed deliberately to take advantage of a buying or selling opportunity
According to SEC filings, informative trades were made over the past three months by these Apple insiders:
- Srouji Johny. Head of hardware technologies, led design of the A4 chip
- Craig Federighi. Head of software engineering (iOS and MacOS)
- Arthur Levinson. Board member, former CEO of Genentech
- Bruce Sewell, Apple's top lawyer
- Eddy Cue, Apple's chief content dealmaker
Click to enlarge.
My take: Ignore the headlines about Tim Cook's windfall. Keep your eye on Sruiji Johny.