After six months, mobile payments were up 135%, overall sales 36%.
From a study of 35 vending machines retrofitted for Apple Pay. Compared with 130 machines without the kit, the Apple Pay-ready machines saw a:
- 36.5% increase in overall sales
- 44.6% increase in total transactions
- 6% increase in total contactless average ticket; 18% at week 20
- 55.5% increase in revenue through contactless purchases, including Apple Pay; 121% at week 20
- 135.2% increase in overall mobile payment usage
The results come from USA Technologies, manufacturer of a turnkey contactless payment system called ePort. Here’s the press release.