Jim Cramer wants to buy Apple on the dip (video)

“The chasm — the dichotomy — between those who think [the market’s] going to be good and bad is the deepest I’ve seen since 2007.”

From “Jim Cramer explains why he wants to buy shares of Apple and Nvidia” snagged Friday from CNBC Pro:

My take: For a guy whose mantra is “own Apple, don’t trade it,” Cramer sure sounds like he’s trying to time the market.

One word: Risk.

Apple reduces risk. Even if things go bad, they will suffer less. When the worries dissipate, they will do very well. In between, buybacks.

Customer loyalty, technology leadership, and integrity don’t go away. We own that by proxy.

May 13, 2022
  2. Kirk DeBernardi said:
    Fred S. —

Spot on.

I’m holding…and amused while doing so.

Panic rarely pays off.

May 13, 2022
    • Bob Goldstein said:
      I have seen this and so much worse over the years. I just hold tight and let Apple buy for me through dripping IRA dividends. Over the years I have seen a lot of people in different groups panic and sell

May 13, 2022
  3. Robert Paul Leitao said:
    If you are a long-term investor, don’t agonize about the bottom, focus on how much room there is to the top. Enterprises with wide economic moats will be the leaders in a recovery and they are the enterprises that have the most pricing control over their products. Quality matters. Enterprises that are able to internally generate their own working capital are in the best position to navigate the challenges of rising interest rates. Be choosy. But choose! After one chooses, it’s best to act. There’s no replacement for due diligence and research. Do the work, make your decisions and act on your work. Have confidence in your decisions and know over time equities move higher. Again, quality matters.

May 13, 2022
  4. Michael Goldfeder said:
    @Robert: Very well stated. I’m looking at this current decline as a double whammy positive with both Apple buybacks and Warren acquiring even more shares.

For those Apple investors who are not currently subscribers to Apple 3.0, it’s an invaluable source of information to fully understand and appreciate the opportunity currently being presented by the schizophrenic market action. Much like the security blanket used by the “Peanuts” character; “Linus.” Only so much better!

May 13, 2022
  5. Greg Lippert said:
    Able to sell put options on AAPL at $130-$140 for good premiums. I’ll take it! If its gets put to me – thats ok!

May 13, 2022
    • Fred Stein said:
      yo bro.

During these dips I go way long, way deep out of the money. Can you believe it? People will pay $7.32 for June 2024 $100 puts. How does that compute? Even with a 50% chance of Apple crashing (ludicrous), it would have to drop $85 just to break even.

May 13, 2022
      • Greg Lippert said:
        @fred
        Thats crazy good! I may do that too and just sock it away.

I usually sell my puts and calls closer to the money (not too close) and shorter in time.

May 14, 2022