Investors are betting that the company’s worst days are behind it.
What went wrong for Apple in 2016? What didn’t?
- It picked a fight with the FBI over a terrorist’s iPhone
- China banned iTunes movies and iBooks
- Revenue and profits declined three quarters in a row
- Reported first decline in annual revenue in 15 years
- Tim Cook backed the wrong candidate for President
- Its new pro laptop satisfied neither pro users nor Consumer Reports
- It removed the popular earphone jack from its new iPhones
- Its wireless alternative—AirPods—arrived too late for most Christmas sales
The good news is that investors are behaving as if the worst is over. The stock is up 30% since May.
See also: For Apple, this week is pure gravy.